#KXIP Star of the Week – Rishi Dhawan


Born and brought up in Himachal Pradesh, Rishi Dhawan is a bowling all-rounder and loves to play cricket 24×7. The 24-year-old Himachal boy has also led the Himachal Pradesh state team in the domestic circuit. After realizing the potential of his dreams and fewer opportunities available back at home, Rishi left his home-town Mandi few years back, to earn a name for himself as an aspiring cricketer.


#KXIP Star of the Week – Rishi Dhawan | Planet "M"
Rishi Dhawan and Akshar Patel of Kings XI Punjab
When he was induced in the Kings XI Punjab squad for the IPL 2014 season, Rishi was thrilled to play amidst Sehwag, Miller and Johnson.

“I did watch the IPL auctions that day at my nani’s home in Amritsar. I was certainly thrilled like any other player when there was bidding on my name. But that was it, and now I don’t even talk about it anymore. I know it will only count if I make a winning contribution to my team,” said Rishi Dhawan in an interview.

Team KXIP met Rishi Dhawan this week for an exclusive chat. We asked Rishi a few questions about his life as a cricketer.

To whom you would like to bowl for your life: Sachin Tendulkar or Virender Sehwag?
Rishi Dhawan (RD): Both. I had bowled to Sachin paaji in nets only. It was a great experience. Recently, got a chance to bowl to Viru bhai during Vijay Hazare Trophy. Both are legends. So would love to bowl both.

What do you love more: Books or Cricket?
RD: I don’t read books so cricket only.

What is the best advice given to you?
RD: Sachin paaji once told me that you are good bowler and batsman so concentrate on both. Do your best to be a good all-rounder. I always keep that in my mind.

If you were a Film Director, whom you would sign as your lead actor and actress?
RD:  Hero..obviously me [laughs] and heroine koi bhi Bollywood ki. Chalo Katrina Kaif ko le lunga. (Any Bollywood heroine. Okay, I would sign Katrina Kaif)

What does Rishi Dhawan like the most about his life as a cricketer?
RD: Best thing is that I get to play cricket which is my love. I just enjoy a lot when I play cricket so best thing about life is that I am a cricketer.

This article also published on Kings XI Punjab's Official Website - kxip.in !

You Might Also Like

Author's Pick for You

You will sob bitterly and wish for further more when that day will arrive

“There have been numerous stories claiming ‘he still has a lot to deliver, stop drawing his frame’, ‘you would never know the next until...